Wednesday 3 April 2013

Photo-shoot for poster : How did it go?

What went well
  • The composition of my photos worked really well. I tried different angles of the camera and different distances from the model (both by using the tripod). The photos turned out well as they were a close up of Slender (from his shoulders up), which conforms to the conventions of most horror posters (where not all of the model is shown).
  • To get the right photo I changed the lighting around. I only used the torch for lighting, but when I started taking pictures, the light was on in a room near by, and the light coming from this room was making the pictures look bad. I therefore turned this light off and used just the torch, changing the heigh and distance of the torch from the models face to get the right shadows.
  • I took many pictures to choose from, which will be very useful when it comes to making my poster. This way, I have more chance of getting a good picture, rather than just taking a few and choosing any one. It also means that I can edit different pictures to see what gives the best effect.
  • Although I only used a torch for lighting, the quality turned out great. Due to the good camera on my iPhone 4s, there was enough light to make sure that the quality was not poor. Again this is useful when editing and meant that I achieved the strong contrasting effect.
What didn't go too well
  • It took a while to get the lighting perfect for great quality and contrasting/shadowed effect
  • Hard to hold the torch still and in the right position whilst taking the photos (but using the tripod helped)
Here is my most unsuccessful (left) and successful (right) photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment