Wednesday 3 April 2013

Magazine draft : feedback


As I did when I finished my poster, I got some feedback. This is so that I could ask people what is good about my magazine and what isn't/what could be changed, so that I could alter the magazine to look the most professional and most like a horror film magazine.

For my poster I decided to ask the people in my Media class what they thought, so I used the same method for my magazine. I chose this because they also have been carrying out the same tasks as I have, and they therefore may have different ideas to me about what does/doesn't work for a film magazine cover, and what all of the conventions for different film genres are. 

I showed them my poster draft and here are a few of the feedback comments I got:

Good - The conventions like the cover-lines and masthead look very professional
Improve - There is a little too much white writing on the page, maybe change the colour of the text at the top?

Good - The main image is good and you can definitely tell that it's a horror film advertised
Improve - The white line near the bottom of the page...is it meant to be there?


Good - Great layout and colour scheme links to horror genre
Improve - I noticed that there isn't an edition no. or month anywhere


After gathering this feedback I will try to incorporate the new ideas/improvements such as more text colour, and will keep things such as the main image and layout as the feedback shows that this is working well already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment