Friday 19 April 2013

EVALUATION : combination of tasks


HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATION OF YOUR MAIN PRODUCT AND ANCILLARY TASKS?


 Mood/atmosphere created/theme:
In all 3 of my media products, I have tried to create a very dark and negative atmosphere. This is because it fits in well with the psychological horror genre and the theme of my film being death. My media products all have a very dark and mysterious atmosphere created in them, which is shown through the heavy contrasts/shadows and the dark colours used. This can be seen in the 3 images below. I therefore feel that the mood created is definitely the same for all 3 products, making them look like a package.








Colour scheme:
Linked in with above, I have used the same colour scheme for all 3 products. For the poster and magazine cover especially, I have used mainly blacks, reds and whites. This is so that they look like a package, and so the genre and theme of the film is portrayed through colour. Colours also generally have connotations, such as the reds have connotations of bloods and the white/black contrasts and shadows have connotations of mystery and horror. I think that the magazine and poster definitely link together more in terms of colour scheme, because although the trailer does to a certain extent, the trailer has many clips in it which are shot in many different locations, so therefore there is a wider range of colours used. The saturations and contrasts used in all 3 products are similar though, again making them look like more of a package.

Fonts:
Personally I think that using the same fonts in all 3 products is very important. In the trailer and on my poster, the fonts used are the same. I feel that this is both important and effective because it means that the viewers can start to recognise the fonts and associate it with the film advertised. Viewers therefore can start to build up a sort of 'brand image' for the film, and it is likely to stick in their minds better if they can associate one advert (such as the poster) with another advert (such as the trailer). Although, my poster does not have the font on it, but magazines never normally have the film name/font associated with the film on the front cover anyway. In the images below you can see that I have used the same font in both my trailer and poster, however the font on my poster (the top image) has a 3D effect on it. Although, I don't think that this is an issue as you can still 
clearly see that there is a link between the two and the 3D effect on the poster just helps the font stand out more. 









Characters:
One of the key elements that links my ancillary tasks to my trailer is the actors/characters used. My poster links well with the trailer because the model used on the poster is Slender from my trailer. This is effective because there is a very clear link between the poster and trailer, and viewers will be able to easily recognise him and associate the 2 advertising campaigns when they seem them. This again is important in the early stages of the marketing campaign for the film, because the first few adverts are to make the audiences aware that the film is coming. My magazine and trailer also both link well for similar reasons. The cover model of the magazine is Stu Wilson, who is one of the main characters in my trailer. Again, viewers will be able to link the two together.
However, the poster and magazine characters/actors/models used are not the same, so this combination is not as effective as the combination of them with the trailer. Although, there are other links between the magazine and poster, such as the film title and Stu's name being on the poster and a picture of him on the magazine. Links therefore can still be made between the two.
In these 2 images we can see the clear link between the poster and the trailer, where Slender is in both












In these 2 images we can see the clear link between the magazine and trailer in the sense that the actor/character Stu Wilson is in both 

No comments:

Post a Comment