Monday 29 October 2012

Horror teaser trailer questionnaire

As part of my Research of target audience section, I decided to create a questionnaire. I did this so that i could gather information about my target audience, and about what they prefer/thinks works well in horror teaser trailers. It also asks them their personal opinions about preferred themes etc. Gathering this information will enable me to create a teaser trailer that is more suited to my target audience, so the trailer is a stronger advertisement for the film. I asked a range of open and closed questions, so that i could gather qualitative and quantitative data. This can then be analysed and my trailer can be based around the data gathered.

These are the questions and some answer options in my questionnaire:


1. How old are you?
15 - 25            26 - 35            36+


2. What do you think makes a good teaser?



3. How long do you think it should be?
0-30 secs                31-60 secs              61-90 secs             91-120 secs


4. Do you think that longer or shorter clips from the film work better in a horror trailer?
- Longer
- Shorter


5. Do teasers largely influence your decision to watch a film?
- Yes              - No


6. Why do they/don’t they influence your decision?


7. What do you enjoy most about horror films?



8. When is the best time of year to release a horror film?



9. What type of horror films do you like?
- Body horror
- Action horror
- Comedy horror
- Psychological
- Zombie
- Slasher


10. What are the top 3 elements of a horror teaser?
-  Storylines / twists
-  Realism
-  Abnormality
-  The actors
-  The suspense/jumps
-  True stories

No comments:

Post a Comment