Thursday 10 January 2013

Film shoot 1 : how did it go?

In film shoot 1 I filmed the shots of Slender in the abandoned room. I gathered the shots that when edited, it will look as though he is getting closer to the camera every time the character who's POV it is, takes their eyes off Slender.

I used Nick Wilson to play Slender, and I have taken some pictures of his costume.

To create the look of Slender (loosely based around  the 'Slender Man' myth where he has a white face and no facial features) I used white and black face paints. I used white to look similar to Slender Man (from the myth) and I also used black. I chose to use black around the eyes so that it created strong contrasts and looked more sinister and un-human. I painted Nick's eyelids and when I was filming I asked him to close his eyes, so it looked like the whole area around his eyes (and his eyes) was black. I think this worked well as the lighting for the filming was just a torch, so there were strong contrasts with the face paint :)


Nick's costume was a black suit and a white shirt, the same as Slender in the myth. Here is a picture of Nick before I started filming. Some of the face paint had rubbed off on his eye lids, but when I took the face paint with me to the filming location so I could paint more on as and when I needed to. 








The filming went well, and I managed to shoot around 15 shots (I will only use 3 or 4 in my trailer). My idea of using more than one torch worked well because using one torch wouldn't have lit up the room otherwise. The tripod was also useful as I was able to move the torches around, which gave the effect that character who's POV it is was scared and shaking.

However, just as I was filming a few shots for the jump at the end where Slender jumps infront of the camera, my phone battery (which I used for filming on) ran out. I therefore wasn't able to shoot a perfect shot for the jump at the end. This shouldn't be a problem though as I will be doing more filming at the same location soon, and my Slender character will also be in those shots, so I can re-film the jump shots on the same day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment